Since 1991 Grand Avenue Club (GAC) has been helping Milwaukee County adults who experience mental illness lead productive and satisfying lives. A community based non-profit organization; GAC is seeking an Executive Director to replace our founding director who is retiring in June 2022. As the leader of this organization, the Executive Director will have operational and strategic responsibility for the day-to-day management of GAC, as well as responsibility for the long-range vision for growth and success. The Executive Director must be a passionate, dynamic, empathetic and committed individual who believes in the Clubhouse International Standards (See: https://clubhouse-intl.org/resources/quality-standards/) as a means of recovery for adults living with mental illness, and embraces the mission of GAC to provide its members with pre-vocational, employment, educational, recreational, cultural and wellness opportunities
- Provide leadership and vision to the Clubhouse members and staff in day-to-day operations.
- Provide programmatic, development, financial, and administrative management of GAC.
- Create and implement a viable annual fundraising plan involving an increase in public support, foundation support, and support from local businesses and individuals.
- Develop and implement a communication plan for engaging and staying in touch with members.
- Attract and retain an effective Board of Directors and engage the board in the current and future needs of the organization.
- Carry bottom line responsibility for financial management.
- Provide timely and accurate data to facilitate grant writing, external communication and reporting.
- Cultivate relationships with other organizations.
- Attract, hire, incentivize, supervise, and evaluate staff.
- Maintain an active and ongoing dialogue with local and state elected officials and advocate for those with mental illness.
- Ensure all contract and agency partner requirements are met at all times.
- Sustain ties with Clubhouse International and arrange for accreditation visits as appropriate.
- Communicate articulately via both oral and written communication.
- A graduate degree in human services, social work, public administration or related fields.
- Experience in non-profit and human service program management.
- Experience in collaborating with government entities and community non-profits.
- Experience in fundraising and sustainable fund development.
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work flexible hours.
Please send cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org